Spend your Fall or Spring semester at the European Study Center in Strasbourg, France!
This study abroad program is offered by the CEPA Foundation, a non-profit, family-run 501(c)3 organization.
This comprehensive semester program includes housing at the Chateau de Pourtales, an 18th Century French Chateau, courses and transcripts, group excursions to cultural sites and government and business institutions in France and Germany, daily breakfast and some group meals, a three-day trip to Brussels, AND MORE!
On the program, you will take classes at both the European Study Center and at the University of Strasbourg. There is no foreign language requirement, as all courses are offered in English (though you can take French language courses). At the University of Strasbourg, you can enroll in the Ecole de Management and/or Sciences Po. You will be able to take courses in Business, Political Science, Finance, International Relations, Global Studies, Economics, French Language, Cultural Studies, History, Marketing, and Human Resources. Visit the ESC website for more information on course options.
The ESC Strasbourg Program Fee includes:
- 12 to 15 US semester credits
- Registration fees in Strasbourg
- Official transcripts from the University of Strasbourg (FRANCE) and West Virginia University (USA)
- Housing, excursions, daily breakfast, participation in European Study Center events
Housing and on-site Amenities:
During your semester, you will reside at the Château de Pourtalès, an 18th Century French Chateau. The Chateau features many amenities including a french buffet-style breakfast served every morning, bikes available for student use, classrooms, lounges, a computer lab, wi-fi, a library, laundry facilities, and a student kitchen. There are recreational opportunities onsite, including tennis and volleyball courts, yoga classes, and a large park for exercise or relaxation (the Parc de Pourtalès). Homestays are also available.
- Dorm-style accommodation with shared rooms and bathrooms
- The coordinator and Chateau staff will provide personal support prior to, during, and after the program
- Wifi, computer lab, library, and free printing
- International calling using the on-site landline phone (no charge)
- 24/7 emergency assistance/staff on-call
- Welcome reception and group dinner at the start of the semester
- A delicious French breakfast buffet is included every day at the Château de Pourtalès
- Tarte flambeé group dinner
- Group dinner at a restaurant in Brussels
- A special holiday group meal, depending on the season
- Farewell group dinner at the end of the semester
- Optional: $1,500 weekly meal allowance can be arranged. Costs will be in addition to the program fee.
- One group pick-up will be arranged for all students who arrive at Frankfurt International Airport on the official arrival day and time
- Public transportation pass for Strasbourg for the duration of the program
- All ground transfers for the official activities and excursions included in the program
Signature programs included in the ESC Strasbourg Semester:
- Participation in the “Castle Talks” international symposium
- International Career Seminar - CEPA’s unique career support program developed especially for study abroad semester students
- Community volunteer and engagement opportunities at local organizations during the semester
- Yoga classes are offered once a week at the castle. Students can join the classes free of charge.
- Trips and site visits (see below)
Trips and Site Visits:
- Visit the European Parliament
- Visit the Council of Europe
- Visit the European Court of Human Rights
- Visit the EURO Institute
Brussels, Belgium and Verdun, France:
- During your 3-day trip to Brussels, you will visit 3-4 European or international institutions – e.g. European Commission, Council of the European Union, SHAPE, US Mission and/or World Bank Group
- Visit the German Central Bank in Frankfurt
- Visit the German Stock Exchange in Frankfurt
- Visit the German Federal Constitutional Court (Bundesverfassungsgericht) in Karlsruhe
Cultural visits and social activities:
- Guided tour of the Haut Koenigsbourg Castle
- Visit the former concentration camp Struthof
- Day trip to the city of Heidelberg, Germany. Walking tour and visit to the famous Heidelberg Castle
- Guided walking tour of Strasbourg
- Guided tour of the Historical Museum in Strasbourg
- Company visit, e.g. to an automobile company in Rastatt
- Seasonal party at the castle, depending on the semester: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc.
Courses and Credits:
At the University of Strasbourg, you can enroll in the Ecole de Management (AACSB accredited business school) and/or Sciences Po (world-renown political science institute).
- International health insurance and the French Social Securité insurances are included in the program fee
- Membership in the University of Strasbourg's Student Union (semesters)
- CEPA student services and support from the on-site team, including 24-hour emergency on-call support
- The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students from an accredited, higher education institution.
- All courses may be taken in English, although the option to take courses in French is available to students with sufficient foreign language skills.
- All majors are welcome to apply. Minimum 2.5 GPA required.
Scholarships are available from the CEPA Foundation to students who qualify.
Apply online and visit the program website: www.studyabroad-france.eu
Need help with your application? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org