IFSA - IFSA STUDY IN ROME
WHY STUDY IN ROME?
An ancient but cosmopolitan city, Rome is more than 3,000 years old. Modern apartments and businesses are located side-by-side with historic fountains and ancient ruins in this city of 2.8 million residents. As a top tourist destination and top study abroad location, Rome is one of the world’s most-visited cities and a vibrant European business center. Walk by ancient Roman city walls, stop for a quick espresso, and admire spectacular works of art—all on your way to class.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
If you’re ready to start exploring, this is the program for you! While making Rome your home, you’ll feel empowered to take a seat at the table and find your voice among other influencers. Courses and internships are designed to prepare you for your future role in local and global networks. This program is ideal for students majoring in business, communications, political science, social sciences, sustainability studies, and more.
The IFSA Study in Rome program provides a compelling curriculum in English focused on business and the social sciences. Crafted for U.S. degree requirements and contemporary hot topics, IFSA classes explore relevant topics in the Roman, Italian, and European contexts by incorporating a variety of case studies and field visits. The 15-credit semester is comprised of five elective courses open to all students without prerequisites.
In addition to your classes, if you’ve never studied Italian before, you’ll take Essential Italian, a 1 U.S. semester credit hour course in contemporary Italian language and culture taught intensively during the first weeks of the program.
You may select five IFSA elective classes. One of those classes may include a credit-bearing internship or directed research. All courses are worth 3 U.S. semester credits.
- Coming Fall 2022 - Directed Research
- Ethical Decision-Making
- Forced Migration, Refugees, and Change
- Intercultural Communication for the Global Workplace
- International Internship Seminar
- International Political Economy
- Italian Art, Power, and Influence
- Italian Language
- Politics of Food and Water
- Principles of Negotiation
- Service Operations Management
- Sociology of Consumerism
- Statistics for Social Sciences
- Strategic Communication in Business
- Sustainable Tourism
- Urban Event and Project Management
You may also wish to check out the IFSA Study in Rome Plus
program. It offers all the same features of the Study in Rome program, plus you may enroll in one elective class at Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali (LUISS).
You may recognize this program by its former name, the Influence in Society and Business program.
CULTURAL ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
Program activities are designed to enhance your intercultural competence by developing your understanding of the local culture and people. Additionally, they complement in-class study with invaluable hands-on experience. Most activities are optional, but they are included in your total program fee. They vary each term based on availability, but activities may include:
- Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatino Hill Tour
- Eataly and Mercato di Testaccio Visit
- Centro Astalli Refugee Center
- Clean Up the Word with Legambiente
- Dinners with Italian Families
- “Take a seat at the table!” Series
- Language Aperitivo
- Riserva della Cascina Winery Visit
IFSA excursions are included in your total program fee. They are co-curricular experiences, linked to the topics studied in class, but they also allow for independent time while visiting some of the most renowned Italian destinations. Excursions vary each term based on availability, but may include:
- Bay of Naples Trip
- Umbria and Tuscany Trip
- Castelli Romani Trip
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN MY IFSA PROGRAM?
||BEGIN YOUR STUDY ABROAD JOURNEY
Choose your ideal program by customizing and personalizing your search filters. Using IFSA’s search tool, you can find programs by searching beyond location and area of study.
Using CHART, you’ll be able to see which classes abroad fit easily into your academic plan. You can also see which classes your home institution has already approved to guarantee that your credits will align.
Apply Online Today.
Our easy online application process is here for you! Simply log in to the IFSA Student Portal and answer questions about yourself to get started. If you get stuck or have questions, reach out to our IFSA team. We’re here to help.
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
- Academic Support
- Administrative Fees and Applications Fees
- Airport Pickup
- Activities and Excursions (including transportation and meals)
- Guaranteed Housing
- International Medical Insurance
- Internet Access in Housing
- Internship, Directed Research, and Volunteer Opportunities (on many programs)
- Meals (on some programs)
- Official Transcript with U.S. Credit Translation
- On-site Orientation
- On-site Staff Support (including in-person meetings and emergencies)
- Pre-arrival Advising